Cotton Lisle is produced exclusively from extra long staple Egyptian cotton resulting in a durable yarn. A process of double mercerisation is used where stray fibres are removed with a flame and the yarn is smoothed to create a uniform appearance. This process enhances the natural sheen of the yarn and gives it a resistance to pilling. Mercerisation gives the yarn better absorption qualities and reduces shrinkage. The tightly woven mercerised cotton is composed of two strands that have each been twisted an extra twist per inch compared to ordinary yarns and combined to create a single thread. It is used for its superior strength, durability and enhanced colour.
These socks are made with 70% Cotton Lisle and 30% Nylon combined to last and for everyday comfort. They are knitted in England on a 200 needle double cylinder machine with a fine linked toe with a 5 x 3 Rib. The following points make this high quality hosiery so special:
- Generous elastic top for comfort
- Increased knitting tension for a better fit
- Fine linked toe for seamless comfort
- Reinforced heel and toe for added durability
- Plain foot bottom for added comfort
These socks can be machine washed in a wool wash at 40°. To avoid shrinkage, use a cool temperature for drying or preferably dry naturally.
All stock sold subject to availability.
Minimum order is 3 pairs of one size in one colourway or multiples thereof (i.e. 3, 6, 9, 12 etc.). In the event that any items selected are out of stock, we will advise you by telephone or email.
- The Short Socks (Quarter Hose) measure 12” (from top to heel) and are offered in a range of 18 colours in sizes Small, Medium and Large and a range of 8 colours in size Extra Large.
Colours shown may differ from the actual shade due to varying screen resolutions on computers and mobile devices.